Just a little reminder, along with some well wishing for those who are fighting cold or flu (or other communicable illness). Please remember to:
• Call and cancel your massage as soon as you're able if you are sick, or think you might be getting sick, and have any symptoms of illness (sore throat, sinus drainage or infection, fever, body aches, chills, severe fatigue, cough, etc).
• Call and reschedule your massage after you have been fully symptom free for at least 72 hours post illness.
If you arrive for your massage and have symptoms of cold, flu, or other contagious condition, you will be turned away and required to reschedule. Why? Active communicable illnesses are contraindicated for massage therapy because:
• Receiving a massage while ill can counteract the work your body is doing to isolate and fight the infection, and can thereby make you worse, or possibly cause a secondary infection.
• Your therapist likely works with immune compromised clients (infants, seniors, post-surgery patients, cancer patients, etc) and receiving massage on site while there is any risk you might be contagious may be a threat to the health and even life of these individuals.
• You may put your therapist at risk for coming down with whatever you have too. Many therapists are self employed and therefore do not enjoy the benefit of having paid time off or sick leave should they have to miss work due to illness.
We appreciate your understanding, and your willingness to ensure everyone's health and safety throughout the year. And we hope that if you do fall ill, you get well very soon!
THINGS TO TRY FOR QUICKER RECOVERY:
• Get plenty of rest.
• Keep well hydrated (water specifically).
• Support your immune system by drinking herbal teas or eating herb rich foods, and especially fresh, raw fruits and vegetables.
• Do a contrast shower, daily. Rest 30 minutes afterwards.
• Go for a walk in the fresh air (bundle up well).
• Avoid sugar and other highly processed foods.
• Laugh... "a merry heart does good like a medicine".
Want to know more ways to boost the immune system? Give us a call today:
The Great Escape
Massage & Wellness Center LLC
NOTE: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness. Please consult with your primary care provider if you need treatment for illness or disease.
Jerri W., LMT, CWC
Licensed Massage Therapist and Certified Wellness Coach with over 25+ years of experience in pain management, relaxation techniques and lifestyle education.
Heather R., LMT, CWC
Certified Wellness Coach and Licensed Massage Therapist with a passion for helping others achieve optimal wellness through healthier living.
NOTICE: The information provided herein is meant for educational purposes only. We accept no liability for your use of the information provided. As always, use your best judgment and if in doubt, please consult your healthcare provider to determine the best course of action for your particular situation.