This recent request may be our sweetest yet! ♥️ It's true, kids love massage therapy too. From traveling summer sports enthusiasts, to all out creatives, little Einsteins, and brand new infants, we have treated kids of all ages! (We never exclude the young at heart, no matter how white their hair is 😉.)
When someone chimes in with a:
"Hi Heather, my 10 year old has been saving her money and she wants to set up a massage. She mentioned that you might allow her to do a 45 minute instead of 30 because she likes deep tissue. Can we set up a time and how much will it be?
Also, would you happen to have any spots for her mom and I too?"
How can we not agree?? Too sweet!!
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE FOR KIDS
• Helps combat the effects of stress
• Helps relieve growing and other pains
• Fosters healthy muscle tone and growth
• Aids the body in detox and immunity
• Helps establish life long self care habits
• Fosters a greater sense of self worth and wellbeing
• Establishes healthy body boundaries
• Combats the effects of bullying and body shaming
• Improves mental clarity
• Can improve academic performance
• Can be a healthy BFF social activity
• Helps relieve headaches, TMJ and eye strain
• Helps relieve colic and digestive complaints
• Supports better quality and quantity of sleep
• Often improves athletic performance
• Helps prevent athletic injury
• Improves circulation and oxygenation of all body tissues in those who are sedentary
• Provides supplementary care for anxiety, depression, and PTSD (enhanced with nutrition and lifestyle coaching)
• May naturally aid sufferers of ADHD (with nutrition and lifestyle coaching)
• Can help prevent skeletal deformity (scoliosis, hip imbalance, kyphosis/lordosis, etc)
• And more!!
Have more questions? Call us at 308-432-4558
TIP: Small children don't often need 60 minutes for a full body session. 15 minutes on the head, neck and back can often be sufficient, while 30 minutes for some kids is enough for the whole body! Those in their preteens and teens may need longer sessions, depending upon their goals or needs.
IMPORTANT: Massage therapy is not intended to replace regular medical care. Please ensure your child continues to see their general physician or counselor for medical or mental health issues. If you don't have anyone, we'd be happy to refer you. We do not diagnose, prescribe, treat or cure illness or disease. Acute or contagious illness is contraindicated for massage therapy.
We DO offer wellness coaching, nutrition education and lifestyle coaching. We have 15+ years experience with two internationally renown lifestyle education groups, as well as personal experience. If you'd like to know more about how massage therapy, nutrition education and wellness/lifestyle coaching can help with anxiety, depression, PTSD, ADHD, give us a call, we're happy to visit with you. Any information provided by us is educational or recommendation only. Please seek a health professional for further treatment or care.
Coronavirus has affected our operations in reference to many of the subjects or services listed herein. Please see our dedicated COVID-19 page for information. Until further notice, all of our standard policies and procedures will be trumped by the Nebraska State DHM (Directed Health Measures) in order to stay in compliance with state law as far as possible. Thank you all for your continued support and patience as we collectively work through this.
Jerri W., LMT, CWC
Licensed Massage Therapist and Certified Wellness Coach with over 25+ years of experience in pain management, relaxation techniques and lifestyle education.
Heather R., LMT, CWC
Certified Wellness Coach and Licensed Massage Therapist with a passion for helping others achieve optimal wellness through healthier living.
NOTICE: The information provided herein is meant for educational purposes only. We accept no liability for your use of the information provided. As always, use your best judgment and if in doubt, please consult your healthcare provider to determine the best course of action for your particular situation.